Custom Search

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Natalie Portman & Scarlett Johansson do "W"

The cover of this month's issue of W magazine seems to be generating a lot of interest, namely because Natalie Portman and Scartlett Johansson are plastered across it, striking a sexy S&M-style pose--but let's give the chihuahua some credit.

Portman and Johansson, are gearing up for the release of their new movie The Other Boleyn Girl, which hits theaters next month. The two play sisters in the film and W is touting them as "Hollywood's hot new duo."

Here is an excerpt from their joint interview with the mag.:On monogamy:

Natalie:
“I’m into monogamy. But I’m not really into marriage right now. I sort of hate the legal aspect of it. What does the state have to do with it? Why are they making rules that say my lover can stay in the United States if they’re foreign or share my health care benefits because I’m straight -- but if you’re gay, you can’t have that?”

Scarlett:

“I’ve been battered for saying that I don’t believe humans are monogamous by nature. The response was, like, ‘What a ho-bag!’ I didn’t mean that I don’t practice monogamy in my own life — of course I do! I’m not going to be in some tarty relationship… I remember another time. I said I get tested for AIDS twice a year, and again that got spun as me being promiscuous. But I was single at the time, and I think it’s important to do that!”

On trying to stay out of the limelight:
Natalie:
“I don’t want people to have a juicy read about me. I’ve been trying to watch more TV [in an effort to better] converse with people. People talk about TV way more than you think.”

Scarlett:
“You’re never going to find me at the Ivy. I don’t care how good the Cobb salad is. These tabloid magazines — I think they’re hideous and the downfall of society,” she said, referring to a recent Us Weekly story accusing her of having had a nose job. “It was as ridiculous as if they’d showed side-by-side pictures of me at 11 and 20 and saying, ‘Look, she grew breasts!’”

On who they’re voting for:
Scarlett:
“I will continue stumping for [Barack] Obama until he’s elected. The past eight years have been painful for a lot of people. We’re in a state of emergency.”

Natalie:
"I met with about 10 representatives… and Hillary [Clinton] was by far the sharpest. Did you read Gloria Steinem’s op-ed piece?” Natalie asks, citing Steinem’s January 8 column about the presidential hopeful in the New York Times. “Hillary’s just so experienced.”


The issue will be available in a grocery aisle near you on Feb. 26.

BTW: did anyone else get a prerecorded telephone message from Scarlett Johansson asking you to vote for Barack Obama? I sure did. It was weird and kinda cool. Not saying it got my vote though.

Portions of this blog entry courtesy of PageSix.com.

No comments: