Custom Search

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hogan Passenger on "Total Life Support"



For those who haven't heard, Nick "Hogan" Bollea, the youngest of the Hulk's clan, was involved in an automobile accident on Aug. 26. As a result, his passenger John Graziano, an Iraq War veteran, sustained potentially fatal injuries.

To expedite the healing process, Graziano, 22, was subject to a medically induced coma, where he remains. The latest development, TMZ.com reports, is that he will "most likely spend the remainder of his life in a nursing home." Graziano was also described as "comatose" and "on total life support." Reports say he may have also had a seizure.

Hogan was allegedly traveling at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his yellow Toyota Supra on a four-lane highway. According to reports, the car went over a raised median and crashed into a palm tree.

By all accounts Hogan's reckless driving was, indeed, an accident waiting to happen.

According to reports the 17-year-old Hogan Knows Best star had a penchant for speeding; and is also said to have taken part in drag racing.

Hogan has, reportedly, received four speeding tickets in the last year. Some of the citations include traveling 105 and 106 MPH in 70 MPH zones and driving 57 MPH in a 30 MPH zone.

And by Hogan's own admission even when he's been caught driving faster than the legal limit he is not always ticketed.

"In my silver Viper, I was driving from Miami to Tampa. I got pulled over going 107 [MPH] and the guy let me off," Hogan said during his August interview with RIDES Magazine. "He's like, 'Hey, I know who you are, just keep going, ya know.'

"Dude, I got back on the road and two minutes later I get pulled over going 113 [MPH]," he added. "Another highway patrol from the same county said, 'I just heard on the radio that my buddy pulled you over and let you go. I'ma let you go this time. It's your second warning. You get pulled over again, you're probably going to go to jail.'

"Three minutes later, [I was] doing 123 [MPH] in a 50 [MPH zone]. The guy is like, 'Hey, I just heard you got pulled over twice in the last 10 minutes. I got to write you a ticket.'"

But Hogan's father Hulk Hogan is quick to defend his son's role in the accident.

"The most important thing to me was from all the eyewitnesses and everyone that was there and saw it was that they were not racing,"he said in an interview with The Insider.

"It's just so unfair; just the way the media jumped on my son and just the way they portrayed him. "

Florida police have, reportedly, referred the case to state prosecutors, who will determine whether to file charges against Hogan, possibly by next month.

No comments: