Custom Search

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gwyneth Paltrow Says She Regrets Wearing Fur in Tod's Ad, No Mention of Python Handbag or Suede Pants


After upsetting PETA and supposedly Stella McCartney, Gwyneth Paltrow says she regrets wearing fur in this Tod's ad.

PETA senior vice president, Dan Mathews, accosted chatted with the actress at the Fontainebleau Hotel opening in Miami over the weekend; and according Mathews this is what Paltrow, 36, had to say about the, um, incident(?).
"That was awkward, and I'm glad you asked, because I do not wear fur at all. It was a daylong photo shoot on a boat near Capri, and there were all sorts of poses with all kinds of clothes - none with fur," she added. "During one set-up, a stylist came up from behind and draped a stole around my shoulder. I didn't pay much attention to it, and when I noticed it was fur, I assumed it was fake fur, but did not ask, so it's my fault. I was very surprised when they ended up using that one shot out of hundreds for the centerpiece of the Tod's ads.I know it's not a great excuse, but I hope you and your members understand." [Via Us]
Which is all fantastic (and kinda unbelievable)...or something. But what about that $4,000 fringe python handbag next to her; or the suede pants and python booties?

Not that I have a huge problem with it, just why all the hoopla about only the fur?

Image via Tod's.