Custom Search

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"NYT" Did Something Kind of Skeazy

The New York Times has kind of a paltry/tawdry/downright skeazy vibe going on; and by that I mean it tracked down the prostitute from that whole Spitzer scandal.

Anyway, see for yourself.

It's pathetic that The New York Times!, The New York Times!!!, is using someone's Myspace page as one of its sources. That is all.

Update: Wow! The first time I checked that chick's Myspace page it had 660,307 profile views. When I checked back about 20 minutes later it was up to 1,113,600. Craziness. Each time I refresh the page she gets another couple thousand hits.

Her hourly rate just went up. Better yet, she should totally write a book about what it's like to be an upscale prostitute living in Manhattan. Seriously.

It's Wednesday at 8:53 p.m. and her profile views are now up to 2,254,798. She's not shuttin' it down; clearly liking the attention.

6 comments:

David B. Dancy said...

All that time I thought I needed to SELL my soul to get all that attention.
I coulda sold @#$%^ instead.

Jen said...

Seriously though. I don't know why, but I am so shocked by this shit. My mouth literally hung open when I read that NYT article. It just paraphrased her Myspace page. Forget everything you learned in J school, it's okay to do that.Plus it was just low. Sorry for the rant, like I said, I'm shocked!

David B. Dancy said...

Everything i learned about objective journalism has been tossed out the window in our modern age.
Tabloidesque satire is actually inching toward the mainstream. we are seein more and more witty and acerbic interpretations on events rather than the basic he said she said objectivity that i grew up with
The sleaze factor is the norm.

Jen said...

I know it's pretty sad.

I just graduated two months ago and my professors stressed--hardcore-- the importance of remaining objective. But I don't really think they should have bothered.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like the sleaze factor.It's definitely more fun.

David B. Dancy said...

Congrat's...I never graduated but you can't keep a good writer down.
Keep it up...you know what you are doin.
Funny & Informative = hard to do

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.