Custom Search

Monday, March 17, 2008

"Pop Fiction" Fizzles, Backfires

I guess the premise for Pop Fiction-- the new E! reality series where celebrities punk the media by purposely planting fake news-- is a funny idea in theory.

The problem is that-- with the exception of Paris Hilton hanging with a spiritual guru-- I never hear or read about the faux stories before I see them on the show...and I comb celebrity Web sites looking for funny tidbits to post on my blog.

Avril Lavingne pretended to pregnant, and went shopping for baby clothes on Robertson? Who knew?!

Mario Lopez gave Eva Longoria a necklace as a congratulatory token for her restaurant opening, so people speculated that they were dating on the sly?! That's news to me.

David Spade went home with a fake bride after she celebrated her bachelorette party at a popular L.A. night club. Really?!?!

If this show has taught me anything, it's that most of what we read about celebrities, in the tabloids or on semi-legitimate blogs, is probably true!

Mission not accomplished Pop Culture; so not worth being possibly sued.

Now if the whole Spitzer-prostitute-thing was fake, we'd all be crying "punk'd."

2 comments:

David B. Dancy said...

Can you imagine a guy pitching this shit to some producer?
It sounds real good over a joint.

Jen said...

ha! Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.