Custom Search

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sienna Miller's Fan Club Decides It (Sort of) Doesn't Like Her Either


Thanks to all the Balthazar Getty dramz, and miscellaneous tabloid fodder, overshadowing her career, Sienna Miller's number one, online fan club has decided it can't muster enough respect to keep the Web site running. (That's actually kind of sad.)

The site's webmaster writes:
It must be obvious that my heart has not been in this site for the past couple of years. This is due to several reasons...Sienna has changed. Regarding the change in Sienna, I know others at the forum feel the same, and while some may argue she has simply grown up and reacted to events in a normal way, I cannot get past the fact that to me she has completely changed from the Sienna I became a fan of back in 2004. I don't say that lightly because (believe it or not) I do still have a lot of respect for Sienna and still consider myself a supportive fan.

I've tried to forget about that and update whenever I can (although yes, that has not been much!) ... however, recent events - that of Sienna's affair with a married father of 4 and extremely public PDA's - have heightened my lack of interest in the site and Sienna. We do not know the whole story behind this affair, and some may argue it is not our place to judge BUT when Sienna can cavort so publicly and so shamelessly with this man who IS married and does have 4 children (including a baby only a few months old) with his wife, my respect for her goes out of the window. One minute she says she wants to be taken seriously as an actress and she's sick of all the false stories about her in the press ... and the next she's topless on a beach with a married man's hands all over her - come on Sienna, you know the paparazzi are going to be around. If she was serious about being taken seriously she would, well, not display herself so publicly like this.

I do have a huge amount of respect for Sienna's career - I think she chooses fantastic roles and I am genuinely excited to see how her career is going to progress. However, unfortunately her career is always going to take a back seat to the tabloid rubbish, and no matter how hard we try to avoid the gossip we just can't.
Ouch!

Unless a new Webmaster steps in, the Miller, 26, site will soon be, altogether, kaput.

[Sienna Miller Online via LAT's The Dish Rag.]

No comments: