Custom Search

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Lily Allen, Elton John Kerfuffle at the GQ Awards

An obviously tipsy Lily Allen got into a verbal spat with Sir Elton John at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in London on Tuesday night, according to Times Online.

Apparently Allen, 23, was casually slurring, swearing and sipping champagne onstage. So when she told the audience "now we reach a very special point in the evening," Sir Elton interrupted with "What, are you going to have another drink?"

Allen quickly quipped: "Fuck off Elton. You know what, I'm 40 years younger than you, I got my whole life ahead (slur) of me."

Also according to Times Online, that's when the 61-year-old superstar told her: “I could still snort you under the table.”

Her reply: “I don't know what you are talking about.”

Oh, and I guess as 82-year-old Tony Bennett was being introduced to receive the Inspiration Award, Allen interrupted, saying, "I'll still fuck him."

I hate to say it, because she's awesome, but, after recently getting into a fist fight, having a boob pop out of her shirt, needing to be carried out of the Glamour Women of the Year Awards and now this, Allen just needs to chill. Yeah Sir Elton is unnecessarily catty (hello, he called, his friend, Madonna a "miserable cow" for not attending his pre-wedding party; and accused her of lip syncing). Still.

Once again, here are pictures of Allen on the red carpet, before the showdown.

imagebamimagebam

Info. and images via Times Online.

Thanks Ming!

Update: And now part of the clip's online for your viewing pleasure. (FYI: the "fuck"s have been bleeped.)

No comments: