Custom Search

Monday, June 2, 2008

Angelina Jolie "VF," Says She'll Celebrate Kwanzaa

There's a lot of Angelina Jolie, 32, to take in, in the July issue of Vanity Fair.

To start, she sports a green wig (Why exactly? I'm not sure).

Yeah she still manages to look hot.

And then there's this 5,000+ word article in which, among other things, she says she plans to celebrate Kwanzaa for daughter Zahara, 3, whom she and Brad Pitt, 44, adopted from Ethiopia in 2005.

Jolie says: “[My mother] was Catholic but also a child of the 60s. She stopped going to confession at one point because she was having sex before marriage. To me, she represented what religion should be. She never preached. If things didn’t make sense to her, she never just accepted it. I had Communion, but she never forced me to go to church. Brad got me this great thing for Christmas. It’s a bookshelf that has a book on every religion. That’s how we plan to raise our kids. Teach them about all religions. They can pick one or be a student of all of them. We’ll celebrate Kwanzaa for our girl. We’ll celebrate moon and water festivals for our boys. We’ll take them to temples in certain countries. Also to church.”

Sorry guys there's something about her I kinda don't like. She's so famous and atop a sky-high pedestal. She almost seems inhuman. Don't hate me.


Update: The explanation for the green wig, "
Green is the new black, or so they say. The wig was Jolie’s idea."

Nice segue! There's sarcasm in this tone.



Images via Vanity Fair.

No comments: