Custom Search

Monday, April 7, 2008

Alexa Rodriguez Had a Worse Thursday Than You


"BOSTON - Alexa Rodriguez, a 13-year-old girl touring Fenway Park on a school trip, was attacked by a resident red-tailed hawk that drew blood from her scalp Thursday." [AP]

The good news is Rodriguez wasn't seriously hurt. That still thoroughly sucks for her though.

The worst encounter I've had with fowl, occurred when a seagull crapped on my head at Alcatraz when I was nine. It really put a damper on my day. That being said, I can only kind of begin to imagine how freaky it would be if a hawk swooped in and clawed at my fragile melon.

Apparently, "the hawk was perched on a railing in the upper deck behind home plate while the group toured the stadium. The hawk flew at the girl and swooped with its talons extended, scratching her scalp.

A single egg lay in the hawk's nearby nest in an overhang near the stadium's press booth.

The nest and egg were removed at the direction of state wildlife officials."


Photos and written portions of this blog entry courtesy [AP].

No comments: