Custom Search

Monday, April 21, 2008

Why You Can't Have Your Cake and Eat Too

[Click to Enlarge]
Until I saw these pictures, I always thought that phrase was nonsensical and stupid. Now I stand corrected. Having cake and eating it, is actually too much for some people.

Hey, at least I can admit when I'm wrong.

Jessica Simpson threw her boyfriend, Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo, a party for his 28th birthday Saturday night, at Suite, a lounge in Dallas.

During the festivities the two, um, shared cake. And made all the other party-goers loathe the invention of frosting. Especially the blue kind.

Case in point: this guy in the background. He's going to his safe place.
Images and info. via US Weekly.



FYI: Turns out the more logical--although less commonly used--version of this saying (i.e. the one that actually makes sense) is "You can't eat your cake and have it too," meaning if you eat your cake you won't have it anymore. I've just had an epiphany.
Also, I feel stupid.















No comments: