Custom Search

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ashlee Simpson's Wet Seal Clothing Line



Here are some of the looks from Ashlee Simpson's Wet Seal clothing line, which hit stores April 22, coinciding with the release of her third album Bittersweet World.

It's pretty much what I expected--I think. To be honest, I was moderately flummoxed and a lot appalled after the launch of Heidi Montag's Heidiwood, sold in Anchor Blue stores. I don't have words to describe its shiteousness (New York Magazine does). So after that disaster, I was kind of worried for Simpson (not really).

And with semi-good reason. But while her line isn't fashion foward or chic (did you really expect it to be? At Wet Seal!?), I will say it's a whole lot less trampy than Montag's. And it is wearable among the younger set. Actually I don't know that. Younger set, I'm talking nine-to-12-year-olds, you tell me.

Her t-shirts--with her likeness silkscreened and plastered across the front--range from $15.50-to-$19.50. And you can buy a complete look for about a hundred bucks--tacky plastic pumps and flimsy accessories included.

See her entire collection at the Wet Seal Web site.
Images via Wet Seal.

No comments: