Custom Search

Monday, April 7, 2008

"DWTS'" Cheryl Burke Opens Dance Studio in SF


Dancing with the Stars' two-time champ Cheryl Burke opened a dance studio at the Metronome Dance Center in San Francisco Friday night.

“'San Francisco’s my hometown, so I felt like I needed to give back,'” Burke, 23, told PEOPLE. 'I want this to be the new, hip place to go to for ballroom dancing.'

Burke also said that once the Dancing season is over, she will be at the studio as much as she can for the rest of the year.

I'm surprised this hasn't been covered by the San Francisco Chronicle or the SFist. Peeps better get on that.

I'm making a mental note to go check it out. I'll tell you how it goes.

Also, I know Burke says this is her passion, but I'm wondering if she is ever actually going to be there.

Update: ABC news did a feature on the studio opening. Apparently our oh-so-lovable Mayor Gavin Newsom was there. Barf. And can I say ABC correspondent Don Sanchez is such a wanker!?

Update: Burke's dance studio web site has a list of all the class offerings, which include everything from belly dancing to East and West Coast Swing. The introductory special dance package is surprisingly affordable at $225. It includes:

  • Three Private Lessons
  • One Weekend Party
  • One 4 or 5 Week Group Class Series in Any Dance Style

Come on Morgan. You know you want to go.

Image via Gossip Soup.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok will she be teaching the class or will it be some d-bag who is going to tell me to use spirit fingers???? $225 for dancing....hmmm I think there is something else I could buy with that. It would be cool to like check out a class. Did you know she went to MA.

Jen said...

LOL Ming. You always make me laugh.

Yeah I did know she went to MA. That's pretty cool right?

I'll do more research and get back to you. For $225 you can buy a fraction of an LV wallet or something equally cool.

Jen said...

BTW Morgan, did you see that trailer snippet of Hilary Duff putting a scorpion down her pants? I thought that shit was weird. I thought of you when I posted it...not that I think you'd put scorpions down your pants.