Custom Search

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rachel Dratch is Having a Hard Time Finding Work


This posting over at Perez Hilton made me sad. :(

It appears Rachel Dratch aka Debbie Downer, an SNL alumnus, is having trouble finding work.

Since SNL isn't funny, I don't watch it. Hence, I didn't know Dratch is no longer on the show. But I guess it's been tough times since her departure.

When asked what she's been up to at a March, 31, screening of Smart People, Dratch responded, “maybe you can tell me. I know you’re supposed to come up with fake stuff you’re doing. But honestly, I’m not doing much."

And then there's last month’s issue of Vanity Fair with its cover story--"Who Says Women Aren't Funny?"-- on women in comedy. It featured a dozen of the industry's top comediennes; but left Dratch off the list.

Her reaction: “dude, that was a dark day. I was like, 'Oh, there’s everyone I worked with.' It’s starting to get old. I’m starting to go crazy. I’m ready for a job.”

Dratch is so desperate at this point, she's ready to do the unthinkable.

"I'd do work with George W," she told New York Magazine.

No Rachel!!! Noooooo!

Hang in there Dratch. You're really funny. If I had a job to offer, I'd totally hire you. Sadly, I don't. But if it makes you feel any better, I don't have a real job either. Yeah that probably doesn't help.

Portions of this blog entry courtesy Perez Hilton and New York Magazine.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I lover her when she did that skit with Drew Barrymore so funny. I think the reason why she hasnt got any offers is b/c she isnt cute....I know that was the elephant in the room.

Jen said...

Totally. That did cross my mind. That sucks!!!...a lot.

Elliott Broidy said...

What a shame.