Custom Search

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Where the Wild Things Are" the Movie

Director Mike Jonze is adapting the classic children's book "Where the Wild Things Are" for a movie.

Super cool!

The film, which will feature the voices of Forest Whitaker, Lauren Ambrose, Catherine Keener and James Gandolfini, to name a few, isn't slated for release until October 2009.

And unfortunately, Jonze may be collaborating on the project, with the temper-tantrum throwing, arrogant rapper, known as Kanye West. Mind you, this is based on pure speculation.

Reportedly, the photo [seen above left] was taken during West's recent visit to Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Jenna Wortham over at the Underwire said she pulled the picture from West's blog. Note: I couldn't find it there.Whatever. The important thing is that "Where the Wild Things Are" is making its way to the big screen. And I think it's going to be in 3-D.

Are you excited for this movie?

Photos via The Underwire and Wikipedia.

3 comments:

David B. Dancy said...

I am on the edge of my seat. I love that book and my kid does too!!!!
Just like underdog.

Jen said...

Awww cool!

I think it's going to be good--although I hate going into movies with expectations these days.

Its Wikipedia entry says it's going to have neat special effects.

Jen said...

Oh yeah, and David. If you haven't seen that video I provided a link to--"The Dangers of Being a Television News Reporter"--in yesterday's "today around the blogosphere," you HAVE to.