Custom Search

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"People's" Most Beautiful People Issue is Coming

I'm still kind of mad at People for its issue on "100 Useless Celebrity Fitness Quotes." It was disguised as "Hollywood's Hottest Bodies: 100 Tips From the Stars." Mariah Carey was on the cover. It looked like this.

I had just gotten all gung ho about going to the gym (yeah that didn't last) when it came out, so I was sort of elated when I saw it peering at me in the checkout line. (There was no pre-purchase flip-through. The line was moving fast.)

Imagine my disappointment when I got home and read the second "tip." It came by the way of Hayden Panettiere. "'I've always played a lot of sports...volleyball," she said. "I was a gymnast for nine years." Yep. That's it. Forget that that's not even a tip. How is that helpful? What am I supposed to do, turn back the hands of time and take-up the balance beam?!?

But I digress. People's "100 Most Beautiful People" special double issue hits newsstands on Friday. I preferred when it kept it at the "50 Most Beautiful," but it's still an annual (for lack of a better word) event I look forward to.

Kate Hudson made the cover this year--meh.

In the mag she talks about how she's sleep deprived from keeping up with her 4-year-old son. She admits she used to be "a tomboy." And she says that her best time for looking good comes "at the end of the night, when everything's soaked in and I'm still up."

I'm not providing a sneak peak at who else made the list because I don't want to ruin it for you...or for me. But if you can't wait, check out People's Web site.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo funny!!! Can I just say speaking of weight loss did you know that on the biggest loser they work out for up to 8 hours a day. Its no wonder they can lose 120lbs in 4 months, I could do that too if I didnt have a job and a life. Thank you biggest loser for still making the perfect body unattainable!!!

Jen said...

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!? That's insane!! That's something an anorexic person would do.

I don't have a job--or much of a life. :) But there's still no way I'd even spend over three hours at the gym.

They lose 120 lbs. in 4 mos though? Dayum! Still not worth it.

Unknown said...

I'd be like "layoff me I am starving"

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

LOL. Gotta love CF. I can hear him saying it in my head.