Custom Search

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Chris Farley Biography is Going to be Sad

I don't want to put a damper on your day or anything. But the latest Tanner Colby bio, The Chris Farley Show: A Biography in Three Acts, sounds as if it's going to be gloomy.

[I should have found a more appropriate photo.]

I'm already bummed. And I've only read little snippets of some of its projected content.

For instance, here's a different take on Farley's Chippendales shtick, provided by his fellow SNL alum Chris Rock. (I thought it was hilarious before. Now I'll probably never view it the same way again; even though I already knew he was going through dark times during filming.)

Rock says:

"'Chippendales' was a weird sketch. I always hated it. The joke of it is, basically, 'We can't hire you because you're fat.' There's no comic twist to it. It's just [bleep]ing mean. A more mentally together Chris Farley wouldn't have done it, but Chris wanted so much to be liked. As funny as that sketch was ... it's one of the things that killed him."
Geez.

Almost as heavy, is this Norm Macdonald quote:

"Sometimes you'd see [Farley] with prostitutes. That was mostly at the very end, like when he hosted SNL. The amazing thing was how well he treated them. He'd take them to dinner and treat them so sweetly. He'd introduce them to you as his girlfriend."
And then there's just the weird stuff, I felt better not knowing. Like some of Farley's OCD-ish tendencies. I guess he would lick his wallet and its contents; and had to lick his shoelaces before he tied them.

You haven't read the worst of it
.

I'm intrigued, but mostly depressed.

The info. and photo for this entry courtesy NY Daily News.

According to Defamer, excerpts from the book, which was co-written by Farley's brother, Tom Farley Jr., will run in the May issue of Playboy. According to Wiki The Chris Farley Show will be published May 6, 2008.

No comments: