Custom Search

Friday, May 2, 2008

Selena Gomez: The Next Big Disney Star

[Click to Enlarge]Left: Selena Gomez. Right: Miley Cyrus, 15.

If you pay attention to, and believe, what the media have to say, then 15-year-old Selena Gomez is projected to be the next big Disney star, which implies she'll be a mini-mogul before she's old enough to vote.

She sings. She acts. Her Disney series Wizards of Waverly Place, in which she plays Alex Russo, a magical wizard disguised as a normal teen, averages 3.8 million viewers, according to New York Daily News. She's a lot cuter than Miley Cyrus. And her voice is better too.

She just wrapped filming Another Cinderella story, slated for a direct-to-DVD release on Sept. 4, 2008. It's the sequel to A Cinderella Story, which starred Hilary Duff. She's currently filming a Disney original movie in Puerto Rico called Princess Protection Program. She provided the voice of Helga in Horton Hears a Who. And, along with her best friend, fellow Disney star Demi Lovato (who Forbes predicts is really the next Miley), Gomez regularly posts vlogs on their joint YouTube channel. Judging from the videos Lovato actually seems to be the funnier and smarter of the two, but whatevs. I started writing this post before I made that observation, so I'm sticking with saying that Gomez is the next big thing.

She's a busy girl.

Check out her music video "Cruella De Vil." "She recorded the Disney classic for the 101 Dalmatians platinum edition DVD." [Wiki Wiki]

It gets boring after 20 seconds.



On the downside, like the Jonas Brothers, Gomez sports a purity ring. I'm not saying I want her to become a whore bag. Public vows of chastity are just weird to me. You're setting yourself up for shameful failure. And planting ideas into creepy adults' heads. Your jail bait status goes through the roof. I'm all for staying "pure," if that's your thing. But keep it to yourself.

Kind of like I should do with my opinions.

Image via Spreadit.org.

8 comments:

David B. Dancy said...

I don't agree with keepin opinions to yourself. when reporting on some of these celebrity escapades i think a healthy dose of opinionated common sense is just what the dr. ordered. BTW I love your writing style i feel like I'm on the phone with you when i read your posts ...that is pretty good for a gossip loving stranger.
Vacay, whatevs...i heard them here first.

Jen said...

Nice David. I'll take that as a compliment. And a really nice one at that.

I saw that an anonymous person pissed you off on your blog. Yikes. I think it might have been an old white dude rather than a lady.

Unknown said...

So let me say wtf is up with Mileys face in that pic u posted. Her mouth is soo weird.

Jen said...

Uh, WTF is up with Miley's face in general? She fug. J/K actually I found that picture for a posting I was doing on how close together her eyes are. I just didn't feel like uploading a new pic.

It's the worst picture I've seen of Miley thus far. It was taken on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.

Unknown said...

I know it was she just looks soo bad it right up there with the supposed topless pic. Have you seen it her lips are like freaky red.

Jen said...

And way to pick pick up on her mouth looking weird. It does.

I was more focused on her mushroom nose; and how tired and funky her eyes look.

Cheska said...

I didn't get to comment the blog "Move over Miley Cyrus, here comes Selena Gomez", so here's my comment to that: Don't move Miley, just make room. I admit Selena is prettier but Disney has no visual right to replace Miley with her. I admit too that Miley is a bit nearer now to "Britney Town" as some people would say. But there's still many youngsters looking up to her and supporting her so Disney, please don't drive Miley away. I don't know if some of those kids saw the dreaded pictures, but if they had, I don't know what will happen next. As for the pretty Texan teen girl Selena Gomez, yup, I agree. She is the next big Disney star, but not the next Miley Cyrus. I hope they don't become rivals, because some day, people will be rivals too, and that's not bringing the world to peace. BTW, peace out! Love, Cheska.

Jen said...

Hey Cheska,

Sorry I didn't see your comment sooner. Thanks for checking out my blog BTW.

I was mostly just kidding when I compared Gomez to Cyrus. I was jumping on the let's all pick on Cyrus bandwagon...even though I DO think Gomez is prettier and sings better.

Yeah I agree with you, I don't want them to become rivals. I regret pitting two females against each other. There's enough of that as it is.

Thanks again!

Peace & Love,

Jen