Custom Search

Monday, July 28, 2008

Gordon Ramsey Tries to Eat Puffin, Nearly Dies


Irascible Kitchen Nightmares host Gordon Ramsey, 41, went plunging over a cliff and into frigid water, while hunting puffins in Iceland, The Daily Telegraph reported on Monday.

"I thought I was a goner," he said."I was panicking and my lungs were filling with water. When I got to the top after getting my boots off I was dazed and my head was totally numb."

Ramsay failed to surface for 45 seconds before his film crew threw him a rope and pulled him to safety.

He was basically fine, considering the accident could have been life threatening. He suffered a gash to the leg.

And oh yeah, on top of that he needed three stitches because one of the puffins--he was trying to catch and eat-- bit him in the face.

"I keep saying one of my kids punched me," he said. "I'm too embarrassed to say it was a puffin. I didn't realize how difficult they are to cook but they're very tasty."

Eww. And aww, poor puffins.

Info. via UPI and Gawker.
Images via UPI and TheScreamOnline.

Additional note: According to wiki, puffins taste like sheep or pig's liver. :(

No comments: