Custom Search

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Throwback to the Supermodels of Yore

Since going green is all the rave, why not recycle supermodels? Okay so that's a stupid comparison. But seriously, designers are bringing (and in some cases keeping) in the old pros to front their fall campaigns.

[Click to Enlarge Any of the Pics]

There's Naomi Campbell, 38, repping Yves Saint Laurent.


Kate Moss, 34, for Just Cavalli. (This is a demotion, I guess.) Moss also has a FW 2008 deal with Donna Karan.


Claudia Schiffer, 37, for Salvatore Ferragamo, with Roberto Bolle (I think).


Carmen Kass, 29, (who isn't exactly old school, but definitely past peak*) for Michael Kors. (I'm told that guy she's pictured with is Noah Mills.)


And Linda ("I Won't Get Out of Bed for Less Than $10,000") Evagelista, 43, who crawled out from under the covers to pose for Prada.

I kinda prefer to see fresh faces. But I guess that's part of what's wrong with the industry, so I should shove it.

* By modeling standards. Obviously at 29, Kass is anything but past peak.

No comments: